Trade shows are one of the most effective ways to do business and develop a network of clients and partners in Europe. Almost every industry has its own trade shows, and the marine, naval, and nautical industries are no exception.
In this article, we list for you the best marine trade shows in Europe, with a focus on Western Europe. For each European trade show mentioned, you will get their main information and a link to their website.
If you want to learn more about the French Marine Industry, feel free to download our guide “French Marine Industry Market Overview: Perspectives and Statistics of the French Marine Industry”.
France marine trade shows
France is one of the best countries in Europe and the world for the marine industry, including the naval and nautical industries. The country is one of the best shipbuilders in the world, from small sailing boats to large ships (defense, cruise boats, etc.). As a result, it should be one of the countries on your shortlist if you decide to visit European trade shows.
You can download our French marine industry market overview report to find out more about the French marine market (naval, nautical, and ports).
The nine most famous of France’s trade shows combined attract 360,000 B2B and B2B visitors, with the number of exhibitors ranging from 138 to 825 depending on the trade show. Below is the list of these trade shows.
NauticSailing and motorboats, water sports, nautical equipment, new technologies, boat rental services, tourism, and fishing.
EuronavalNaval defense exhibition.
EuromaritimeBlue growth trade show: naval construction, ports, maritime transport, sea technologies.
NavexpoShipbuilding/repairs, ports, offshore, maritime/underwater operations.
ItechmerFishing industry trade show, including shipbuilding and repairs.
Sea Energy Forumoffshore wind and marine renewable energy.
Monaco Yacht ShowSailing and motorboats.
Cannes Yachting FestivalSailing and motorboats.
Le Grand PavoisSailing and motorboats.
Switzerland marine trade shows
Switzerland, due to its size and the lack of coasts, has fewer trade shows. However, the market for sailing boats and leisure motorboats is very interesting. About four percent of Switzerland’s surface is covered by lakes or rivers. There is around 61,000 km of waterways and nearly 1,500 lakes.
The high purchasing power of Swiss nationals makes Switzerland a market you might like to consider in your business development.
Geneva Boat Show – Salon Nautique du LémanSailing and motorboats, water sports, marine equipment, sliding sports, diving, tourism, and fishing.
Sailing and motorboats, water sports, nautical equipment, sliding sports, and fishing.
Belgian marine trade shows
Belgium could represent a potential market for some manufacturers or service providers in the naval and nautical sectors. Belgium has numerous advantages, especially for the shipping and cargo industries. The port of Antwerp (Anvers in French) is one of the largest in the world (14th).
Brussels Boats Show
Sailing and motorboats, water sports, marine equipment.
Other European trade shows
There are other strong nations of shipbuilders in Europe, very active in the naval and nautical industries. Amongst them, you can find Italy, Germany, Spain, the UK and the Netherlands.
Nautical trade shows
- UK – Southampton International Boat Show https://www.southamptonboatshow.com/the-show/
- UK – British Marine Conference – https://britishmarine.co.uk/nationalconference/
- UK – South Coast Boat Show – https://www.mdlmarinas.co.uk/boat-shows/
- UK – The Green Tech Boat Show – https://www.mdlmarinas.co.uk/boat-shows/
- Italy – Salone Nautico – https://salonenautico.com/
- Netherlands – Metstrade – https://www.metstrade.com/#
- Netherlands – Hiswa – https://www.hiswa.nl/
- Netherlands – Hiswa te water – https://www.hiswatewater.nl/en
- Spain – Salon Nautico de Barcelona – https://www.salonnautico.com/en/
- Germany – Interboot – https://www.interboot.de/
- Germany – Hamburg Yachtfestival – https://www.yachtfestival.de/en
- Germany – Boot & Fun – https://www.boot-berlin.de/
Naval trade shows
- Germany – UDT – https://www.boot-berlin.de/
- Germany – SMM – https://www.smm-hamburg.com/en/
- Germany – MS&D – https://www.smm-hamburg.com/konferenzen/msd
- Spain – Seatrade Cruise Med – https://www.seatradecruiseevents.com/med/en/home.html
- Spain – Navalia – https://www.navalia.es/en/
- Spain – World Maritime Week – https://wmw.bilbaoexhibitioncentre.com/en
- Italy – Sea future – https://www.seafuture.it/
- Italy – Sea Tec – http://sea-tec.it/
- UK – Sea work – https://www.seawork.com/
- UK – Ocean business – https://www.oceanbusiness.com/
- UK – London International Shipping Week – https://londoninternationalshippingweek.com/
- UK – MCCE Expo https://www.mcceexpo.com/
- Netherlands – Maritime industry – https://www.maritime-industry.nl/
- Netherlands – TOC Europe – https://www.tocevents-europe.com/en/Home.html
- Netherlands – Breakbulk – https://europe.breakbulk.com/Home
- Netherlands – Europort – https://www.europort.nl/
To conclude this article, we would like to reaffirm the importance of visiting trade shows in your strategy to conquer new markets in Europe. As we have seen above, the naval and nautical industries have many very large trade shows in Europe.